Fresh Pumpkin PiePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 small Pie Pumpkin or one 15 oz. can
- 1 can Evaporated Milk 12 fl. oz.
- 2 Eggs beaten
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Cholesterol-Free Pie Crust
- CUT pumpkin in half, scoop out seeds and stringy portions. Cut pumpkin into large chunks.
- STEAM the pumpkin in a pot with a steamer basket, for 20-30 minutes or until tender. Drain, cool, & remove the peel. Return pumpkin to pot & mash. Drain excess water.
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
- BEAT 2 cups pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt together in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed. Blend well.
- POUR into a pie crust (page 17.)
- BAKE 40 minutes or until a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean.
Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 302mg | Potassium: 775mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 14635IU | Vitamin C: 16.2mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 2.4mg