Eggplant Sandwich with Beans and RicePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1 Green peppers
- 1 Eggplant Medium, cut into 12 slices
- 1 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Whole grain bread
- ¼ cup Mustard
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil Canola
- ¼ lb Smoked turkey kielbasa Cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- ½ Onion Large, chopped
- ½ Green bell pepper Chopped
- ½ Red bell pepper Chopped
- 2 ⅔ Tbs Celery Chopped
- ⅔ cloves Garlic Finely chopped
- ⅔ Dried bay leaves
- ⅓ tsp Dried thyme leaves
- ⅓ tsp Seasoned salt
- ⅓ cup Rice Uncooked, long-grain, white
- ⅔ cup Water
- ⅓ lb Black beans Cooked
- 5 oz Tomatoes Red, organic
- 3 scoops Nutrim
- Cut the sweet peppers lengthwise; remove and discard the stems, seeds, and membranes. Brush eggplant slices with oil. Grill eggplant slices and sweet pepper quarters on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals for 4 minutes. Turn and grill 3 to 5 minutes more or until eggplant is tender and sweet peppers are slightly charred. Remove vegetables from grill; set aside.
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with cheese and mustard. Layer 3 eggplant slices and 2 sweet pepper quarters on 4 of the bread slices. Top with remaining bread slices (optional). Serve warm.
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add kielbasa, onions, bell peppers, celery, garlic, bay leaves and thyme; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and salt, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans and cover, simmer for 10 minutes longer.
- Cook rice in water as directed on the package. Remove bay leaves from bean mixture. Pour the bean mixture over the rice and serve. Enjoy!
Calories: 409kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 877mg | Potassium: 795mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1600IU | Vitamin C: 113.9mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 4mg