Bran Muffin BreakfastPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup Whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ¾ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ cup Brown sugar Packed
- 3 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ⅔ cup Yogurt Plain, non-fat
- 32 oz Apple juice Unsweetened
- 2 cup Bran cereal
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- ¾ cup Raisins
- 3 scoops Nutrim
- 1 Egg White, raw, fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Lightly coat twelve to sixteen 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray or place with "cupcake" liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir yogurt into bran cereal, let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until cereal is softened.
- In small bowl stir together flour, Nutrim, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda. Set mixture aside.
- Stir eggs, brown sugar, syrup, and oil into bran mixture.
- Add flour mixture to bran mixture, along with raisins. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups, filling each to where they are nearly full.
- Place in oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until tops of muffins have a brown tint to them. Pierce muffins with tooth picks to make sure toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool muffins for 5 minutes, remove and enjoy!
Freeze muffin mix to make again.
Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 373mg | Potassium: 461mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 1100IU | Vitamin C: 125.4mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 26.8mg